A delicious dessert that will make you a hero…
Sticky Toffee Pudding
- 110g of unsalted butter, softened
- 175g of light brown sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 225g of self-rising flour, sifted
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp coffee concentrate
- 225g of dates, stoned and chopped
- 275ml of water, boiling
- 125g of butter
- 175g of muscovado sugar
- 70g of double cream
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Line a 20cm loose bottom cake tin with grease-proof paper
- Use a rubber spatula or food mixer whisk to beat or ‘cream’ the butter and sugar together. The butter will become light & triple in volume. Now slowly add the beaten eggs until combined. Now carefully fold in the sieved flour and set aside.
- Meanwhile, mix together the bicarbonate of soda and coffee extract and pour this over the dates, followed by the boiling water. Mix well, allow to cool for 10 minutes and then pour into the creamed pudding mixture.
- Bring together to create a very runny batter. Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until springy to the touch
- While the pudding is baking, make the butterscotch sauce. Combine the butter and sugar in a small pan and place on a low heat. Stir to dissolve and combine, then mix in the cream to finish. Keep warm.
- Cut the pudding into 8 equal-sized portions, warm through in the microwave if necessary and serve with the hot butterscotch sauce and vanilla ice cream. You can also serve with fresh cream or crème fraiche.