Roast baby potatoes with glazed pear, Roquefort cheese and walnut salad
15 minutes, serves 2-3
This can be a delicious side dish that pairs well with steak or a meal on its own.
- 225g of Jersey Royal potatoes, boiled and cut in half
- 2 pears, peeled and cut into wedges
- 28g of caster sugar
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 handful of walnuts
- Olive oil
- 50g of Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 handful of baby watercress
- In a frying pan, heat a little olive oil and sauté the cooked Jersey Royals until golden brown, remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, add a little more oil and sauté the pears until they start to turn brown. Sprinkle with caster sugar and watch carefully as the sugar starts to caramelise, moving the pears so they do not burn.
- Finish the pears with a knob of butter, then stir in the walnuts.
- Arrange the warm Jersey Royals, glazed pears and walnuts on four small plates
- Crumble over a little Roquefort cheese and scatter with a little watercress. Pour some of the pan juices over the top of the salad as a dressing.