The Aperol Sour is tart, light, and refreshing. It makes a great pre-dinner or brunch drink.
Aperol is an Italian amaro that’s similar to Campari, but much milder with notes of bitter orange, rhubarb, and herbs. Use any gin you like here. We particularly like this drink with a gin that is heavy on the floral botanicals. Hendricks is a good widely available option, but a classic London Dry style gin like Beefeater would also be nice here. You could even leave the gin out entirely for an even lower alcohol drink.
- 45ml Vodka
- 45 ml Aperol
- 15ml ounce gin
- 30 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 15 ml sugar syrup
- 1 egg white
- strip of lemon peel, for garnish
(you can also use edible flowers as shown in the image)
- Add the Aperol, gin, lemon juice, simple syrup and egg white to a cocktail shaker
- Add ice & shake vigorously for at least a minute until chilled and lightly frothy
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass and top with a twist of lemon peel
- Serve immediately